While natural stone remains a widely favored choice for kitchen countertops, many modern-day homeowners are discovering the advantages of man-made stones like quartz. Owing largely to improvements in engineering techniques, quartz can now be crafted to closely imitate the look of natural marble or granite. As this durable, attractive engineered stone has experienced an uptick in popularity, certain quartz varieties & styles have drawn a particularly large amount of attention. Today, we’ll take a look at some of the latest quartz countertop trends that are taking the stone industry by storm in 2020.
Top Quartz Countertop Trends of 2020: Marble Looking Quartz
Marble looking quartz has entered the spotlight in recent years – and it continues to be one of the biggest stone trends of the present era. Prior to advances in engineering, it was difficult to mimic the signature organic veining patterns that are characteristic of real marble in slabs of quartz. But thanks to new, cutting-edge techniques, quartz can now offer an appearance which is virtually indistinguishable from natural stone.
What Are the Advantages of Marble Looking Quartz Countertops?
Before we show you examples of in-demand quartz varieties, we’d first like to explain why one might prefer marble looking quartz for their countertop over the real thing. While each material has its pros and cons, quartz is often a more affordable option, depending on the variety chosen. Additionally, quartz offers the noteworthy benefit of being non-porous, meaning it will not harbor bacteria or absorb moisture. This qualifies quartz as a distinctly low-maintenance, easy-to-clean countertop material.
For those who find the price & properties of quartz to be ideal, but simultaneously love the classic, elegant look of intensely veined marble, these marble looking quartz varieties are likely to appeal:
- Calacatta Vintage – Calacatta Vintage is a white quartz defined by dramatic & dynamic gray veining. Uncannily reminiscent of rare Italian marble, its personality is both refined and irresistible. Offering supreme durability, this striking white quartz is well suited to kitchen countertops, among many other applications. Even in the most well-loved parts of the home, it will shine on for years to come with minimal maintenance.
- Calacatta Aegean – A luxurious white quartz with hints of brown and gold, Calacatta Aegean brings to mind the marvelous Mediterranean coast. Gray veins meander across its surface, giving this quartz unforgettable character and contrasting with its warm, understated foundation. Dependably durable, Calacatta Aegean is another fantastic choice for countertops.
- Krakel – Looking for something that is a bit more unconventional, but still features marble-like veining? Krakel is a striking black quartz that will swiftly energize any design! Its unexpected pattern is characterized by bright white veins bolting across a stormy gray backdrop. At the intersection of style and function, this quartz is hardwearing enough to withstand daily use as a countertop or kitchen island.
Minimal, But Still Marvelous: Other Trending Quartz Products
Marble looking quartz is one of the trendiest and best-selling engineered stone styles right now – but it’s far from the only option! If you desire something more neutral and mild-mannered for your kitchen countertop or bathroom vanity, consider these other quartz varieties that are popular in 2020:
- Astral White – A type of white quartz adorned with flecks of gray, silver and gold, Astral White will infuse your interior with cosmic wonder. While it may be on the more subdued side, its shimmering spots offer visual intrigue and make for an eye-catching countertop.
- Moon Rock – 3, 2, 1, liftoff! Moon Rock will fly you to the moon and let you play among the stars. This twinkling white quartz is a stellar choice for kitchen countertops, given that it is highly resistant to scratches and stains. Count on Moon Rock to stand the test of time – in the realms of both beauty and durability.
Collaborate with Cosmos SurfacesTM to Ensure a Successful Surfacing Project
Hopefully, you’ve enjoyed our quick overview of this year’s top quartz countertop trends & products! Maybe you are now leaning towards quartz for your project, or perhaps you would like to explore other stones as well. Either way, the qualified surfacing professionals at Cosmos SurfacesTM are available to help you find the absolute best material for your needs, personality, budget & application.
Browse our online gallery to preview our wide selection of marble, quartz and other surfaces of top-tier quality. Should you have questions, need guidance or desire to see a particular stone in person, feel free to get in touch with us anytime!
Color of the Month: Fired Brick
This month’s featured trending color is Pantone 19-1337, Fired Brick! The Pantone Color Trend Report says, “Strong and sturdy, Fired Brick adds gravitas.”
Elegant, powerful, beautiful – Roma Imperiale is one-of-a-kind. Crystals of white and gold criss-cross and swirl, battling for dominance in this Brazilian quartzite. Roma Imperiale is complex, detailed, and stunning. It looks great among greenery and in bathrooms as vanities, bathtubs, and countertops. Quartzite is resistant to scratching, staining, and fading, and the beauty is unmatched.